Objectives of the Council
- The objectives of the Council for TVET are: to advise the Minister on the measures required to ensure a comprehensive system of technical and vocational education and training that is suited to the development needs of Guyana;
- to establish, develop and monitor schemes for the training of craftsmen, technicians and engineers needed to sustain and enhance economic growth;
- to develop a national system of Competency Based Modularized Training and initiate its implementation;
- to expand the scope of industrial training in industry;
- to monitor and evaluate the delivery of all TVET programmes;
- to implement a National System of Testing and Certification; and
- to implement and maintain standards for the delivery of TVET.